Sunday 11 October 2009

Mr Date!.....


Mr Date, is still dateless. I didn't give a formal introduction to him, so here is a little bit of background for you all. Another fellow sugar baby on here with her own blog sent me his details (I wont mention who because I am not sure if they wanted me to say or not!?) He sounded promising and genuine, and had shown great signs when she met him herself. He appeared very generous and I liked his picture, so I was quite excited at the prospect.

Since then, after a few great phone calls and lots of really, really sweet text messages, we arranged a date. The morning of the date, I got a text canceling. Bummer. Now this is a bummer for a variety of reasons - Reason A: Being stood up is always crap. Reason B: A girl spends a lot of time and £ before a date preparing - this time and £ then feels wasted Reason C: The trust we had in said gentleman and respect then slides a little, with out us really realising or even wanting it to. And personally I had a Reason D: I had just landed from a flight, and was planning on getting ready and going straight there - so I had in fact carried my date outfit and the like half way around the frigging world...

After the first let down I decided that 'these things happen' and to be honest I am a very laid back and easy going baby so reason A, B, C and D didn't put me off too much. After a little more correspondence we decided on another date - the lunch date. Up until the night before it was all planned, restaurant booked, travel arranged, I had done a lot of preening and grooming and I was excited. Next morning - No message or reply to my text, and I'm never one to hound somebody, I have too much dignity for that. So i had to let the lunch date slide.... as I hadn't even been informed of a time, place etc....
Again, I got over reason A, B and C, and after profuse apologies from Mr Date (His phone was in a meeting on silent - I don't know what that has to do with missing a whole date but maybe I'm missing something?!) I set aside some of my time the following week to meet him. Third time lucky?....

This time, I had actually been planning on going away to see a friend who has just had a baby. But, when Mr date suggested this particular day, I didn't want to put yet another barrier in the way of our date. So I didn't make plans, and I left my day fully open for him. I got a phone call each day, and always a text - saying how he was looking forward to seeing me so much, and so on. So, the very day before the date, I text to ask when and where he would like to meet - ZERO response, ZERO apology, ZERO anything.

In a normal sugar dating situation, I would write this off as one of those absolute waste timers, wasting their own time as well as mine. But, I do not understand how this guy could be so full of prospects for one baby, and then be the complete opposite for me... So this keeps me intrigued.
Why would he bother, with the calls, the emails, the text messages, the booked restaurants, the plan making, the effort - If he isn't serious about meeting a sugar baby.
The most annoying was the fact that two days later and I still hadn't received anything. That shows a lack of respect for other peoples time which I deem as very, very rude. As a sugar baby I expect to be kept informed, I even expect to be let down a little, but I never ever expect to be kept in the dark about my own plans. If you make an appointment anywhere in life, you keep it or you cancel it. Simples.
So, I decided to send him a message. I was very kind and sweet, I try to never argue or get mad, its such a waste of energy, feeling mad is like swallowing poison and expecting someone else to get sick from it. In my message I wrote along the lines of 'Mr Date, I sincerely hope you are OK after not hearing from you. I would not have minded if you hadn't wanted to meet me for what ever reason, but not taking the time to cancel, let alone the lack of any apology since, I have found very rude. Its a shame, because I had a good feeling about you and you seemed like a genuine guy.' something like that anyway....

So I got a message back saying that he had a massive phone issue, hadn't been able to get in touch, is very lucky that I text him so he can now get in touch..... This to me smells a little bit like sugar coated bull shit, but I have had a similar issue before so I will give the benefit of the doubt.
So, Bow will get ready for yet another date with Mr date.

Shame on you if you fool me once, shame on me if you fool me twice... or three, times ;-) Lets hope it ends there!

Keep you Updated!
Love, Baby Bow x

6 comments:

  1. "feeling mad is like swallowing poison and expecting someone else to get sick from it"
    I love that... and really needed to hear that today! <3 Thanks and I really hope it works out for you this time! X! ivanka

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! That would annoy me to no end! All the hit and miss...But sometimes you have a gut feeling telling you its worth the wait and hassle...I hope so...I can't wait to read how this plays out! Please posts more pics of your awesome shoes that we read about, etc. and the men!!! XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am, tomorrow morning im going to make a facebook album with all my gifts and stuff :-) I cant put them on here, cause if people who knew me came across it they could put two and two together! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG I wrote 'waste timer' haha! tired.com x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hmm he better get his act together because that's not cool at all. Good luck and I hope he sticks to the plans this time. Can't wait to "meet" you on facebook!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hate these flakers! I hope hope hope he is well worth the wait! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete