Saturday 26 September 2009

Morality...


I have been thinking tonight, about Morals.
We all set standards for ourselves, in life, in all areas of life... that define what we are afraid, or not afraid to do. We all have a moral that we choose to preach, but this moral is seldom the one that we practise. The moral we practise is usually the one we choose not to be preached.

Should we go on the date with the sugar daddy who is married? Should we let him into our beds, into our thoughts and into our lives. Or should we shun him because he is married, on that basis alone?
Should we enjoy out sugar encounters, if we ourselves have other engagements, other lovers, other boyfriends of our own?
Should we tell a small lie, about our name, where we live, who we are with, where that gift came from?

These are just a few moral issues that creep up on our conscious during sugar dating. Whether you let that put you off, or go ahead, what ever decision is made - that is personal and I think neither is wrong or right.... But everybody has there own morals, and own guides. What is right for one person, is wrong for another. I believe that to pass judgement on someone else, is worse than anything else.

I am not saying we should be immoral, and do bad, unjust, unlawful things. I am not saying you should do something that would place someones life at risk, or your own.

But what I am saying is that I 'put a pin' on certain things, and place them on that sweet notice board in my mind. There they are, a reminder I will never forget, and a guide for me to follow, but not a dictator of my life.
Each circumstance you might find yourself in is entirely different to anyone elses. And therefore how can one rule - for everybody - be right?

What moment might you miss out on when you let it get in the way?
"Do not be too moral. You may cheat yourself out of much life. Aim above morality.Be not simply good; be good for something."
Henry David Thoreau

2 comments:

  1. Wow... food for thought for sure. Thanks for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the quote and that's so true, morality is relative not absolute.

    ReplyDelete