Wednesday 31 March 2010

Perfect Weekends, Perfect Sugar


Why hello there beautiful Sugars!

I know I know, I haven't posed too much recently - but that is all about to change! I have so much news so much so much and not enough posts to tell it all in! I have been spoilt!

Well first I shall tell you about a wonderful surprise I had from somebody a little PERFECT.

Having a few days off from work and not quite being sure what to do with myself I made a few calls around to see what my pots where up to and to try and get the ball rolling after what seemed like the s-l-o-w-e-s-t few weeks....

My favorite of all time got back in touch, and invited me to an experience I could never turn down - THE DUBAI RACES. Now, for those of you not too familiar with Dubai it is like the sugar playground of all time, opulent and diamond covered, with sugar baby's grazing every mans arm. The people here have real F-YOU money, and buy hotel chains and private jets like its a game of monopoly.

I was flown by his private plane down to his huge house, its the most beautiful house Ive ever seen and I would have been happy for this experience alone, but it got better. We then went to a local Michelin starred restaurant for the best oysters Ive ever had, full of Tabasco and washed down with champagne.

We then got picked up by his driver, a very sweet man who has been working with him for years. Off we went to the airport, which was a short journey away although I fell to sleep from the bubbles of champagne within minutes! I was woken up to being driven straight through an express check in lane, with a drive-thru passport control and luggage check in.

From there we relaxed at the lounge, I ate king prawns in a chili sauce with spinach leaves, and had a coffee, and watched sports on the big screens whilst flicking through a page or two of Hello.

Next it was time to board, and we got onto the aircraft, turned left and went straight into First Class luxury. This was with an airline I had never before flown with, and I was amazed by everything from how beautiful the cutlery and linen that lined your table was, how comfy the beds were, and how amazing the company. There was a huge menu to choose from but as it was a relatively short 6 hour flight I decided to sleep most of the way so that I would arrive refreshed.

Once we arrived I checked into the hotel, he had to meet some friends and look at properties as the prices are lower in Dubai at the moment after the initial 'buzz' of the place. I had stayed at the hotel before, and it is just beyond flashy. Even the walls are 24 carat gold plated, and helicopters land right onto the roof.

I decided to freshen up in the bathroom, which was marble with heavy toweling robes and fluffy slippers and spa products all around. They even gave you small pots of creme De la Mer, which I slathered all over my face quicker than you could ever imagine - I love that stuff!
After showering I decided to go meet my friends who live in Dubai, we met at the mall of emirates which is a huge shopping mall that even has ski slopes within! We had a little walk around and I decided to look for a dress for the races. I found my favorite chain of shops in Dubai where they sell really nice designer stuff but it isn't stuffy or full of pretentious assistants, and they sell my favorite dress designer called 'sky' (I never see these dresses anywhere other than Dubai?)

The dress I picked out was a long white maxi dress, with a jeweled snake wrapping around your boobs, not a print of a snake, and actual jewelry type snake that wrapped around the top of the dress. It was perfect for the races and I decided I would wear some heels I already bought with white feathers clipped into my hair, rather than a hat.

The dress cost the equivalent of about £100 so it wasn't too expensive, but as I put my hand into my handbag I pulled out a little envelope with a 'x' on the front. Inside was a little stash of local currency and I was excited to find a surprise allowance inside! (It was actually money to bet with at the races i later found out, but id rather buy a dress too than gamble it all)

So with my dress ready and happy after an afternoon with friends I went back to the hotel, where the weekend got even more... perfect...

To be continued!

xx

10 comments:

  1. Wow, excellent post! I read your whole blog last night and became a follower. Can't wait to read your next post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Jealous! Can't wait to hear the rest!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds TOTALLY fab! I can't wait to read more!!! Love all the details- hope you took some pics!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have the most amazing experiences!

    ReplyDelete
  5. They sell the brand Sky in the us and they have the best summery tops and dresses! I know shopbop.com has a decent online section.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like you had a blast. Awaiting the next post...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome, awesome, awesome!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG! That sounds fantastic! Can you post a picture of the dress? I love your blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! Um....we need to meet. I've always wanted to visit dubai! Let me know if they need anymore cute sugar babies over there ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. thanks to you now dubai is on my travel list!

    ReplyDelete