Saturday 20 March 2010

Daffys Date...


As you already know, I finally decided to let Daffy take me out to wine (and little did he realise, dine) me, after months of me not being so sure.

We decided to meet at The Dorchester in London, a beautiful and famous London landmark, oozing with class and old style glamour.

I had been out and about earlier in the day, and had decided to meet a friend for a few drinks. A few drinks in London often turn into a lot of drinks, in this case it turned into more than a few bottles of wine on an empty stomach....hmmmm Bow was feeling a little tipsy when she remembered that Ducky was waiting :)

So off I jumped into a black cab, and luckily I had only been around the corner. I explained my way out of my hasty leaving, and applied a little extra lipstick in the back of the cab.

I was wearing a dark grey Galaxy dress, (although mine was Topshop) covered by a white cashmere coat topped of with killer black Louboutins. No jewelry, sometimes I like my self to do the sparkling ;)

Once I got to the hotel I had a few minutes to spare so I asked a some rather snooty looking hotel staff where the bathrooms were. A perfectly manicured finger pointed down a hallway, and I heard a muttered 'on the left'. Turning on my heels I tipsily made my way down the passage, only to find the door id set my sights on jammed closed.

I pushed, and pushed and pushed, at one point unladylike-ly banging the door with my ass to try and get some weight behind me and jam it open!
All of a sudden, whilst I was banging away with my butt, I feel a pat on my shoulder, and to my surprise there is Daffy, looking very smart in a beautiful suit and pink shirt. 'Darling, if you are looking for the restrooms, here they are' he said in a kind but obviously amused tone, as he pointed directly opposite to the blatantly sign posted 'Ladies'.

As you can imagine, I died of embarrassment once inside the safety of the 'Ladies'. After a few 'shit, shit shits' to myself and another coat of lipgloss I decided I was ready to face the world, if not ready to laugh at my 'Blondness'.

Daffy and I took to a gorgeous table in the main foyer, with a string quartet playing softly as we introduced ourselves. Daffy looked better in person that he did on his photos, a full head of hair and a fancy suit. We ordered a bottle of Champagne, and started to talk.

When I say talk, I should say I talked. And talked. And talked. Talked some more... Daffy sat there, listening, but not venturing much.

It soon dawned on me that not only has daffy got the most boringly ridiculous voice I have ever had to listen to, he may just be the most dull person I have ever had a date with. DULL, DULL, DULL. Poor Daffy.

That said, as the champagne was poured he did loosen up a little, but I soon realised we were looking for different things and I was finding it hard to not become irritated at his voice. Shame there isn't a cosmetic surgery for an unpleasing voice?

After eating, which I did, in abundance FYI, I actually bought up his comments and what I had taken a little offence to. He responded by saying he just hated very skinny girls and that has actually put him off many of his dates, again, not sure if this was an insult or a compliment :D But you have to laugh at his lack of tact...

The date neared to an end, and I had to leave. Daffy slipped me a little cash for a taxi home, and I gave him a little hug. I truly don't think there is anything wrong with Daffy, its just personally I find it hard taking the more dominant role in conversations 90% of the time. I like to be wined and dined, and I felt like I was doing all of the entertaining.

Daffy must have not sensed this, as out came the smythson and an attempt to re-arrange was made. I think id rather let daffy fly on over to another sugar pond - I'm sure he can find someone better suited to him. Maybe someone boney with a small hearing problem...

Lovings, Baby Bow xx

PS - Sorry for the delay in Blog, I have been unwell! I am back, so a few more posts to come keep an eye out :)

PPS - IM A HAPPY LADY...

2 comments:

  1. Hello bow, what did he say to you in hid earlier comments? Xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poor Daffy! Hehe I laughed out loud after reading your bathroom story. I could just imagine how silly you looked lol!

    ReplyDelete