Friday 20 November 2009

These are a few of bows favorite things....


Since joining Facebook I have had a few messages and e-mails asking me about certain outfits and beauty products Ive mentioned in past blogs. I am going to be quite a busy little baby over the next week so I have decided to make a post, just about fashion and beauty.
If you enjoy this post and would like to share your tips leave a comment, or better a post if your a blogger too, shared advice is sweeter advice!

Before I ever had any kind of sugar daddy, before this sugar world was but a twinkle in my eye, I used to wish I could have designer purses, bags and shoes. I think that if your shoes and purse look expensive, it pulls together the rest of your outfit, so it doesn't matter if that is from topshop. Although your potential Sugar Daddy will understand you don't quite have the funds for your lifestyle yet, that's what your there for after all, they will appreciate seeing a glimpse of how well you dress and how stylish you are - immediately in their mind they will imagine traveling first class with you, bringing you to a business event or a work function.

If you haven't met your sugar daddy yet, there are a few great websites that you can buy replica bags on and now even shoes such as Christian Louboutins and YSL and Jimmy Choo. Now, i have to be honest I don't like fakes, they don't wear as well and will not last - but I admit they are great for a few dates, just don't expect them to last forever! I am lucky enough to have a few pieces bought either by myself or from my past SD, so I usually always wear a pair of Christian Louboutins on a date - they are timeless and sexy, and i find my dates always comment on them which is lovely. I think it is much better to buy something like this than spend a huge amount of money that you don't have, after all, if the desired effect works you will be on 5th ave before you know it!

Its never a good idea to buy a bag/shoe that is plastered in the label, inside and out. I went through a phase of wearing juicy couture head to toe with my last sugar daddy, he thought it was cute, which was lucky, because when i look back now I looked like a brightly coloured baby. I also used to own a Louis Vuitton print jacket and matching knee high boots, all in denim monogram. Double denim is never a good look - even if it is Louis Vuitton. Eeeeuhk!

So with that in mind, try to pick something classic that will go with all of your outfits, and be noticed for the right reasons, not the wrong.

Here are some good websites for harder to find designer shoes:

They all sell pretty much sell the same stuff, just don't be disappointed as the quality is not the same as the ones you look at in the stores, and on close inspection you can tell. Good for a few wears without spending too much or for a pair that might go out of fashion quickly. There is also a good website Jess Bunny mentioned in one of her blogs so check that out too for bags.


The only thing I wouldn't suggest you copy is a designer watch, there are so many giveaways on a fake and its better to have a nice understated watch than a flashy fake designer one that looks tacky. My watch is fairly loud and flashy and for that reason I hardly wear it, sometimes I will but it makes quite a statement so I would love a simply stylish and 'timeless' Cartier or a Patek Phillippe :-)

If you have the Daddy and you are lucky enough to already have you allowance and gifts, a great place to shop is:


  • http://www.net-a-porter.com/ - You name it they sell it, I almost wet myself I get so excited looking on here. Your new shoes/dress/ comes packaged in a black box with a ribbon and and if you live in the city you can get the same day delivery in just a few hours!

When spending a lot of your allowance still be careful on your choices, I bought a pair of Louboutins and because they are cream and suede all i do is look at them, i wore them out to dinner once and as it was raining wouldn't leave the restaurant until it stopped, just because of the shoes. Don't spend £600 for something you are too scared to wear!! A good tip is if you do invest in Louboutins, take them to Harrods or your nearest Louboutin and get the red sole grips added because the soles are smooth and it will stop the red sole from scratching.

Make up: I love Bobbi Brown and Mac, pop into a department store before a date and ask to have your make up retouched or a make up lesson. I do this all the time because they try things you may not think of and it stops you getting into a 'make up rut' which is easy to do.

Eyelashes: Love flash eyelashes and now you can have them as natural or as false as you like. For a night out with the girls I use Mac or Shu Uemura who is the expert on eyelashes! Go to the Shu Eyelash bar in London or New York and get them applied, they make your eyes pop and are so glamorous and you can try layering more than one pair at once. For a natural look, I always apply Eylure eyelash extensions myself, they are so easy, look pretty and are cheap. You can get a cat eye effect and just add a few long ones on the edges of your eyes!

Body: I swear by Roc Rentinol Anti Cellulite cream, it makes your skin clear with no dimples and leaves them feeling silky. After you use it for two weeks you drop inches and can maintain it.
I once spoke to a make up artist who worked on sex and the city, she said to mix an anti cellulite cream with a bronzing liquid to get amazing legs.
If you cant be bothered to mix it yourself try Nars body glow from Sephora - Victoria Beckham apparently uses this and i always think her body looks glowing and tanned.

Teeth: If you live in the States you will have this in your local shops, in fact you probably have amazing teeth already! You can order some online too. Its called crest whitening toothpaste with baking soda and peroxide and it starts working right away to get stains off teeth and leave them sparkling. I bring it back for friends and family by the suitcase full! Its only a few dollars too. If used with a good electric toothbrush with a whitening head, the results are even better...
Also try Arm and Hammer whitening booster which is just peroxide you brush on, i use both and think my teeth are so many shades lighter than they were. If you have your teeth whitened professionally its a great way to keep the colour up.

Hair: I like TIGI products and Aussie, but I think my hair looks best when I use a purple shampoo. Purple shampoo is for white or grey hair, and it takes out golden or brassy/yellow tones. But used on blonde hair it gives a platinum shine and keeps your highlights looking fresh. Just try not to use too much as I did once and my hair took on a blue tint! If you have dark or red hair John Frida do a really nice colour booster that works the same. I also love bumble and bumble styling products, their thickening spray is tres chic!

Fragrance: Jo Malone is my favorite, there are so many to choose from in the most beautiful packaging. I personally like Orange Blossom and I would love to own the matching Orange candles. For the day time, I like to buy from either Victoria's Secret or Bath and Body Works as they both do a great range of body sprays that are lush. My current favorite is the new festive range in Gilded Ginger Creme, it smells of Christmas and ginger bread cookies and they do a matching shimmer cream! Yum!

That is about it, thankfully as I've written so much! Tomorrow I'm off to Tokyo and when I get home I have a lot to do so I may have a little gap in my blogs. I'm hoping when I blog again il be seeing Mr Perfect and other suitors and will have plenty good stuff to post :-)

Until Then.... Love Baby Bow x x

3 comments:

  1. I'm lucky enough to get all my makeup for free due to my job, so I get to try pretty much every brand that's out there. I love YSL and Chanel makeup (except for Chanel's nailpolish: lovely colours but chips the day after).
    I've also been told many times I have amazing hair and I'm pretty sure it's due to my addiction to Kerastase hair products... I love them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fab excursion! I hope something works out with Business Man #1!!! Are sugar life seems so paralell at times! I love guys who pay tabs on my behalf when I initally anticipated paying! Cheers! I have to live vicariously through you for right now!!! XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jo Malone Red Roses is absolutely fab. I love Shu Uemura. Excellent recommendations, doll.

    ReplyDelete